Are you a graduate seeking to gain more classroom experience in a Secondary School or maybe you are interested in working alongside your teaching qualification wanting to achieve more practical experience in your chosen school environment?
Are you based in and around the Cambridgeshire region?
Teach Agency are currently seeking to immediately appoint a pool of suitably experienced local Cover Supervisors who are available for either ad-hoc daily work, short term and long term cover in order to maintain minimal disruption to lessons due to staff absences. These roles are available throughout our client schools in the Cambridgeshire region and in some cases can lead to permanent positions.
This role would be suitable for any QTS candidates however our client schools will also consider Higher Level Teaching Assistants or Unqualified Teachers with immediate availability. The ideal candidate must have a desire to work with young people and have a calm and authoritative manner.
Main duties include:
- Supervising the cover work set by the absent Teacher.
- Ensuring the children have the required resources and knowledge to complete the work set by the teacher.
- Managing the behaviour of pupils during the lesson to ensure all work is completed to a high standard.
- Being on hand to assist with any question the children may have regarding the work.
- Collecting completed work after lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher/department.
- Educated to Degree level is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of working with children within a school setting (Ideally secondary).
- Have strong classroom management skills.
- Be entitled to work in the UK.
- Have an Enhanced DBS which is registered with the Update Service or be willing to apply for a new one.
- Be able to provide 2 professional references.
If you like the sound of having the flexibility of supply with but would like the continuity of regular work in your local area then get in touch with us today to discuss suitability for this role or other roles we currently have to offer.
Teach Agency is committed to Safeguarding and promoting welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. All candidate are subject to appropriate Child Protection screening, including reference checks from former educational employers and the Disclosure Barring Checks.