Teach Agency are actively seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Functional Skills Tutor for an Education Institution based in Cambridgeshire to commence in ASAP on a full time ongoing basis with the possibility of becoming a permanent position to the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for planning and teaching the Functional Skills Curriculum to the highest standards to enable students to achieve the best outcomes.
Our client offers a further education learning facility to people that face many disadvantages in life to gain the right skills that enable them to pursue a career path that they have chosen.
To be considered for the role of a Functional Skills Tutor will need to:
- Have a QTS or equivalent teaching qualification.
- Have a proven record of working in an English teaching setting for a minimum of 2 years.
- Be able to assess learners according to established guidelines.
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a real desire to make a positive difference to young adults by offering the right support and encouragement.
If you feel that you meet the criteria and can make a positive impact on the lives of young adults by helping them achieve the life skills that will need to secure their future then we would love to hear from you.
All applicants will be contacted to discuss suitability for the role of a Functional Skills Tutor. Once all criteria is met you will be invited to register with Teach Agency.
We will carry out all pre employment checks such as qualifications, acquiring 2 previous employment references and you will be required to have an Enhanced DBS check that is registered on the Update Service.
Teach Agency is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.