Teach Agency are working with an Independent SEN School based in Bedfordshire to appoint a full time Science Teacher to start ASAP on a permanent basis.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work as part of a collaborative team that are highly committed to provide the best education for young people within their school.
The Role of the Science Teacher
- To deliver Science lessons to a small group of pupils from age range 7 -18 years with Special Educational Needs.
- Ability to deliver Science modules.
- Ability to plan, evaluate and monitor learning and progress
- Be able to teach to pupils that are working to a range of qualifications from Early Level Certificate, through Functional Skills to GCSE level.
- Ability to build good relationships with young people and staff members.
- Qualified Teacher Status.
- Proven record of working with young people with SEN .
- Sound curriculum knowledge.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have good behaviour management skills with the ability to effectively manage confrontation and challenging behaviour.
- Be a proactive team member who is able to liaise with staff within the school and external parties such as educational psychologists and social workers.
- To be flexible in order to effectively respond to to the needs of the pupils and adapt or change plans accordingly.
- A good sense of humour.
If you are a motivated and committed Science Teacher that can offer patience, understanding and empathy to young people with additional needs please apply below.
Teach Agency is committed to Safeguarding and promoting welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. All candidate are subject to appropriate Child Protection screening, including reference checks from former educational employers and the Disclosure Barring Checks.
|Science, Special needs