Are you a qualified secondary teacher with a passion for the pastoral side of the role and looking for a step up in your career?
Teach Agency are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, professional Head of Year to work closely with the Headteacher and the Senior Leadership Team at a thriving secondary school based in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire. The role will commence in September on a ongoing long term basis.
Head of Year requirements:-
- Take a teaching timetable with your specific subject.
- Ensure pupils social, emotional and well-being needs are being met.
- Organise and facilitate student support groups and mentor programmes.
- Encourage pupils to uphold excellent learning habits.
- Collaborate with teachers and other staff members to provide academic and personal support for students.
- Support pupils overcome any barriers to learning.
- Deal with any safeguarding concerns professionally and confidentially.
- Work with the Academy’s Senior Leadership Team to ensure the academy’s behaviour system and expectations are upheld.
- Qualified Teacher Status.
- Ability to work with young people and families appropriately.
- Committed to providing pupils the very best opportunities to be successful in all areas.
- Develop and uphold strong values of respect and ambition.
- Inspire pupils to engage widely across school.
- Promote engagement in extra-curricular activities
If you are highly motivated to increase positive outcomes for young people and the whole school and are interested in this role please apply by forwarding your C.V to us.
All applicants will be contacted to discuss suitability and will then invited to register with Teach Agency.. All staff registered must be prepared to undergo extensive checks including interviews, reference checks and must hold a Child Workforce Enhanced DBS that is registered on the Update Service or be willing to undergo a check.
|Art, Business studies, Computing, Dance, Design technology, Drama, English, Food technology, French, Geography, German, Health & social care, History, Humanities, ICT, Maths, Media, MFL, Music, PE, Psychology, RE, Science, Secondary, Spanish, Supply teaching, Textiles