Are you an qualified Primary Teacher with a wealth of SEN experience looking to utilise your skills further?
Teach Agency recruiting for a Special Needs Teacher on behalf of a mainstream Primary School school based in Bedfordshire. This is a one year maternity cover role to commence in September 2023 and will be on a full time basis.
As a Special Needs Teacher you will be required to teach across KS1 & KS2 within the schools Resource Base attending to pupils who have a range of additional needs including Complex Needs, Autism, SEMH and Communication Needs.
The School wish to appoint an enthusiastic and patient SEN Teacher to become part of their dedicated team. The School wish to offer the shortlisted candidate/s an opportunity before the role commences to come into school to see what the role entails and it also gives them the opportunity to see you in action with your style of teaching.
The children are in KS1 and KS2 where their behaviour can be somewhat challenging and where some pupils need that extra bit of support.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a teaching qualification with QTS.
- Commitment to working with pupils with special educational needs.
- Have the ability to follow the National Curriculum and provide creative lessons.
- Have behaviour management skills, with the ability to manage confrontation and challenging behaviour.
- Have excellent team-working skills to liaise with other teaching staff, and other professionals such as educational psychologists, speech and language therapists and social workers.
- Be flexible – it’s important to be able to respond to the needs of the children and adapt or change plans accordingly.
Teach Agency are a locally owned and run education recruitment agency, specialising in providing school teaching staff to educational establishments in and around Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Northamptonshire
We have a dedicated team of experts that are proud to have established sound partnerships with primary, secondary and SEND local schools over the years. Our consultants have the expertise and work hard at ensuring that our client schools get the right candidates in roles at the right time that meet the expectations and aspirations of our candidates based on their individual circumstances.
Registration with Teach Agency involves an enhanced DBS check, ID checks and will require you to supply good professional references.
If you are an creative and caring in you approach to teaching and this position sounds of interest to or you wish to discuss it further please get in touch by with us.
|Primary, Special needs