We are looking for a dynamic and driven Teaching Assistant to support pupils in Lower KS2 for their client’s popular Primary School located within Cambridgeshire.
This reputable Primary School has been over-subscribed for a number of years and boasts excellent learning facilities from children arriving in school from surrounding areas. This school celebrates every child and promotes an inclusive learning environment.
The role of a Teaching Assistant will be working Monday-Friday term time only supporting pupils from 8:45-15:15 with 30 minutes for lunch. This opportunity is to begin following the October half term (30th October 2023) and will initially be on an ongoing basis withe the possibility of becoming permanent at a later date.
The successful Teaching Assistant will
- Be required to support children in Y3 and Y4 particularly tailoring support around closing gaps in learning.
- Predominately provide support in Maths and English but will also take part on activities that promote wellbeing of children.
- To support the classroom teacher.
- To manage appropriate learning environments and resources.
- To assess the needs of pupils and support those needs appropriately.
- To provide feedback to the class teacher on the progress and achievement of pupils.
- To provide supervision at unstructured times.
- Ideally a Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification.
- Previous experience working in a primary school in a similar role.
- A hard working and dedicated attitude.
- Have a Enhanced DBS registered on the Update Service or be willing to apply for one.
- A right to work in the U.K.
- Be able to provide 2 professional references.
If you are a passionate Teaching Assistant that is able to support children by adopting a nurturing approach and you feel you are suitably qualified for such a role then please apply by forwarding your C.V to us.
All applicants will be contacted to discuss suitability and will then invited to register with Teach Agency.
Teach Agency are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check.