Teach Agency are currently seeking to appoint suitably qualified Teaching Assistants within the Peterborough area as a number of our client schools that are experiencing shortages of such staff due to absences within the school.
These roles offer flexibility to candidates to work as little or as much as they prefer so it fits around their other commitments.
The role of a Teaching Assistant can be extremely varied depending on the nature of the requirement. You should therefore be adaptable & flexible in your approach.
The role of a Teaching Assistant could do any of the following:
- Provide 1-1 support to a student with additional needs.
- Provide support to a small group of students.
- Work alongside the main class teacher to provide support to the whole class as needed.
- Work in an SEN department to support several students.
As a Teaching Assistant with us, you can expect to gain a huge amount of experience in different aspects of the education sector. You will have the opportunity to broaden your experience in both Primary & Secondary Schools across the Cambridgeshire area.
- Hold TA qualification or have experience working with young people.
- Experience working with SEND students is desirable.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have high expectations of all pupils.
- Have high expectations of themselves and work collaboratively with other staff.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding and commitment to Safeguarding.
- You must either have an Enhanced DBS or be willing to process a new one as this is an essential requirement.
At Teach Agency we are committed to listen your needs of where you prefer to be placed whether it be in Primary or Secondary work. We are happy to provide work based on your availability and can assist you with gaining valuable experience that you wish to acquire.
If you feel this position is or interest or wish to find out about other teaching roles available currently please get in touch to discuss further.